Thursday, June 11, 2009

Saving Money is a Beautiful Thing!

I stopped in my local Verizon store yesterday to upgrade a phone on our remodeling company’s account.

That trip will save me over $2000 this coming year!

When I walked in, I was intent only on purchasing the new phone (as cheaply as possible) and getting out of there (as quickly as possible). The salesperson, Michelle, told me that she wanted to check our current plan first. When she returned, she said she could save us some money. Yeah, right, I thought.

But Michelle and I started crunching the numbers and the new plan should save us about $180 a month. That is substantial!

Lesson for today: Periodically (maybe every 6 months to 1 year), contact all vendors with whom I have monthly contracts to ask if there are any new plans that would work better for my business.

No comments: