Monday, June 22, 2009

Here’s a no cost way to get work for your remodeling business

Today, I had an appointment for a bathroom estimate in the next town over from my remodeling company’s office. It’s about 15 minutes away, tops.

A past customer lives right around the corner from my appointment. This past customer had called in last week with a concern about a water leak. They thought they had a crack in their foundation. Now we don’t do any type of foundation work but, since they are a great customer and I was in the area, I thought I’d stop by and give it a look. Maybe I could pinpoint the leak for them and refer them to a contractor who could help them.

Turns out, the water is leaking from a broken washing machine hose. We scheduled some handyman work and we’ll take care of it for them right away.

If I had not taken the time to stop and help them out, I would have missed out on some additional work. I know changing a washing machine hose is not a big deal. But once we are in there, many times customers find more projects for us to do.

Giving your past customers some personal attention can bring additional work to your doorstep. Just a quick stop when you’re in the area and a hello can get your past customers thinking about more remodeling work and keep you and your remodeling business at the top of their mind.

No comments: