Monday, December 1, 2008

Make December One to Remember!

When I first started selling remodeling, I did not look forward to the holidays. After all, nobody buys remodeling during the holidays! I might as well save my time and breath and not even see anyone. From the week of Thanksgiving to after the first of the year, sales were dead, dead, dead! We shouldn’t even waste our money on advertising or marketing during that time. After all, everyone knows that consumers don’t buy remodeling during the holidays!

Wait! What if that’s not true?

I started thinking about that. What if I changed my belief system? What if instead I thought that I could sell a lot of remodeling during the holidays? After all, people are thinking about their home, their families. They might even be off work.

And that change in my belief system started me on a December sales record. One of my top 10 sales months in company history was a December. And out of the last 10 years, I have blown out my goal more than half of those years. The others were pretty darn close.

So this year, try changing your belief system about selling remodeling during December. You may be pleasantly surprised to find that there are definitely buyers out there.

Happy Selling!
John

No comments: